Job Posting: Volunteer Tutor Program Coordinator
Volunteer Tutor Program Coordinator, Part-time Contract Position
Position Summary: Reporting to the Board of Directors and Adult Task Group, this position is responsible for the Volunteer Tutor Program (VTP), which provides literacy services for adult learners.
The coordinator will oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs to ensure quality services are delivered in a safe, non-judgmental environment for adult learners. The Coordinator will provide support and training for volunteer tutors. The Coordinator will also engage in community planning and development while working to promote partnerships and service coordination.
- Educational background in Adult Education and/or Human/Social Services field
- Minimum three years’ experience working within the Community Development or Adult Literacy Field.
- Minimum three years recent related experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in financial and project management including grant writing
- Experience working with vulnerable populations, individuals with special needs, and multi-cultural groups including First Nations.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively
- Preference will be given to applicants with the Decoda Adult Literacy Practitioner Credential
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
The Coordinator will have a working knowledge of:
- Adult learning principles and practice
- Lifelong Learning
- Community capacity building and community engagement
- Learner Assessment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with sub-committees and/or task groups to implement annual work plans
- Recruit, orient and train volunteer tutors
- Ensure the provision of volunteer tutor training on an on-going basis
- Provide support, feedback and encouragement to volunteers to ensure retention
- Recruit and assess new learners and match learners with appropriate volunteer tutors
- Coordinate space for learning and support all parties through learning process
- On-going assessment of learners and monitoring of tutor/learner matches
- Prepare funding proposals for task group and board input and approval and submit in accordance with funder guidelines
- Build partnerships by promoting Chilliwack Learning Society and VTP in the community
- Complete all Ministry and grant reporting requirements and submit by the due date
- Participate in local, regional and provincial committees, meetings, professional development events and conferences as required
- Develop the VTP annual budget for submission to Board, attending any budget meetings required
- Oversee and manage all expenditures related to program budget as set out in grant guidelines
- Monitor expenses and submit monthly invoices
- Produce and provide regular financial and VTP plan progress reports to CLS board and task groups
- Other duties as required within the scope of the appropriate funding grants.
$30.00 per hour - 15 hours per week average. Mileage is paid at .52 per km, and will be part of the agreed budget. Annual funding is from the Ministry of Advanced Education.
For the purposes of this contract, you are an independent contractor and not our employee, agent or partner.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Annette Williams, Executive Assistant at email@example.com
Closing Date: 12:00 noon, Tuesday July 25, 2017